Beyond Westminster: What is the Government’s plan to bring financial education into the 2020s?
Too many adults continue to lack the basic skills which underpin financial capability. Around nine million working-age adults in England have low literacy or numeracy, with five million lacking both. One in two were found to be unable to pass a financial literacy test run by the OECD, which placed the UK well below international comparators France, Norway and Canada. This podcast will discuss the importance of financial education and what we can do to improve the financial literacy across the UK.
- Joe Shalam – Director of Policy at CSJ (Host)
- Rt Hon Robert Halfon MP – Minister of State for Skills
- John Pears – UK CEO at Lowell
- Steve Korris – Delivery Director at Mybnk charity
- Carolyn Griffith – Senior Researcher at CSJ