Betraying our Children: The devastating truths of child exploitation in Britain today
In this podcast, we delve into the disturbing prevalence and nature of child exploitation, encompassing child sexual and criminal exploitation, including county lines and human trafficking. Children as young as six are falling victim to this crisis, facing violence, coercion, and emotional trauma. Join us as we shed light on this urgent issue, raising awareness, and exploring ways we can all contribute to its prevention and support for these vulnerable young lives.
**Disclaimer: Content Warning**
This podcast contains material of a highly sensitive nature including discussions of abuse, violence, and exploitation of vulnerable children that may be triggering for some individuals.
- Adele Eastman – Senior Counsel at Farrer & Co’s Safeguarding Unit and a Board Member of the CSJ (Host)
- Andy Carter MP- The Conservative MP for Warrington South, Chair of the APPG on School Exclusions and Alternative Provision
- Jess Edwards – Senior Policy Adviser for Childhood Harms at Barnardo’s
- Jeremy Dodd – Headteacher of The Avenue Centre for Education
- Junior Smart OBE – Founder of the SOS Project at St Giles Trust
- Beth Prescott – Programme Lead on Exclusions and Absence at CSJ