The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) exists to prevent and tackle poverty across Britain.
We work closely with an Alliance of grassroot charities and social enterprises as they are critical to our mission, both in their vital work supporting people out of poverty and through feeding their insights and ideas into our policy work.
The CSJ Awards finds the very best grassroots charities and social enterprises from across Britain, gives them £20,000 to scale their impact, and puts them in the spotlight in front of senior politicians, philanthropists, journalists and business leaders.
Who should apply:
The CSJ Awards 2023 are focussed on finding small charities and social enterprises who are proving themselves effective at preventing and tackling poverty in Britain.
The award judges will be particularly interested in organisations that:
- Focus their work in the most deprived areas of the UK
- Tackle the root causes of poverty
- Intervene early to prevent poverty
- Are ambitious for the lives of those they work with
- Find innovative ways to combat poverty
- Have a turnover of less than £2 million
- Are working with people living in Britain