The CSJ Awards is an annual, high profile award ceremony that honours the best grassroot, poverty-fighting charities and social enterprises across Britain. In 2021, four winners will receive a £10,000 grant and be profiled in front of hundreds of leading figures from across the country.
Applications open: 6th July – 11th October 2020
The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) exists to prevent and tackle poverty across Britain.
We work closely with an Alliance of grassroot charities and social enterprises as they are critical to our mission, both in their vital work supporting people out of poverty and through feeding their insights and ideas into our policy work.
The CSJ Awards find the very best grassroot charities and social enterprises from across Britain, gives them £10,000 to scale their impact and puts them in the spotlight for senior politicians, philanthropists and business and charity leaders to be inspired by and learn from.
The event is designed to give Award Winners unique opportunities to connect with other people passionate about furthering the cause of social justice in Britain.
Who should apply:
The CSJ Awards 2021 are focussed on finding small charities and social enterprises who are proving themselves effective at preventing and tackling poverty in Britain.
The award judges will be particularly interested in organisations that:
– Focus their work in the most deprived areas of the UK
– Tackle the root causes of poverty
– Intervene early to prevent poverty
– Are ambitious for the lives of those they work with
– Find innovative ways to combat poverty
– Have a turnover of less than £2 million
– Are working with people living in Britain
Please note that charities that have previously won CSJ Awards within the past five years will not be considered.
For a more detailed list of eligibility criteria, please download and read the application guide above.
The 2021 Award Categories
The CSJ Awards 2021 will have four winners, one for each of the turnover categories below.
We want to learn from the smallest charities as well as the ones that have been established for a while. This year therefore we want to categorise the awards by income levels so we can compare charities operating from similar financial positions.
The different categories are:
– Under £100k
– Between £100k and £500k
– Between £500k and £1million
– Between £1 million and £2 million
The income level should be based on your most recent published account.
Organisations can apply for awards from Monday 6th July 2020. The application process will remain open until Sunday 11th October 2020.
Please download the ‘Application Guide’ before you start the process. This document details the eligibility requirements and explains how to complete the on-line form.
To start the application, please click on the application button above.
Please note the following information regarding the application process:
– If you have a question about the application process please email: CSJAwards@centreforsocialjustice.org.uk with your query.
– Charities that have been shortlisted will be contacted shortly after Friday 11th October 2020.
– Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to individual requests for updates throughout the process. If you have not heard by 1 December 2020, you have not been successful this time.
– The final decision on the winners will be made by an independent judging panel made up of senior philanthropists, politicians and business and charity leaders.
– Please note, shortlisted organisations must be available for filming between early December 2020 and the end of January 2021.